What is the best time to post on Instagram for maximum engagement?

I want to increase engagement on my Instagram posts. What’s the best time to post on Instagram to reach the most number of people?

3 Likes

The best times to post on Instagram can vary depending on your specific audience, but general trends suggest that the following times often yield higher engagement:

• Weekdays (Monday to Friday):
    • Morning: 6 AM - 9 AM
    • Lunchtime: 11 AM - 1 PM
    • Evening: 7 PM - 9 PM
  • Weekends:
    • Late Morning: 10 AM - 11 AM
    • Afternoon: 1 PM - 2 PM
2 Likes

As an Instagram marketer, I want to let you know that if you have a professionalized account, Instagram will provide you with a dashboard showing when your followers are most active. You can use this information to determine the best time to post.

4 Likes

Welcome @minhaz to @legiit community

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

The best time will depend on your specific audience and their location. However, according to several sources, there are some general trends:

Weekdays tend to be better than weekends:

People are generally more active on Instagram during the workweek, with Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays being particularly good options.

Mornings and lunch breaks are popular times:

Many people scroll through Instagram during their commutes or breaks, so times like 9 am to 11 am and noon to 2 pm can be effective.

Early mornings can also see good engagement:

Some sources recommend posting as early as 4 am to be among the first posts users see.

Here’s a breakdown of recommended times by day of the week, keeping in mind these are averages and may vary depending on your audience:

• Monday: 9 am to 10 am or 11 am to noon
  • Tuesday: 9 am to 10 am or 10 am to 4 pm
  • Wednesday: 5 am, 11 am, or 3 pm
  • Thursday: 12 pm or 5 pm
  • Friday: 9 am to 10 am or 5 pm to 6 pm
  • Saturday: 8 am to noon
  • Sunday: 10 am to 2 pm

Ultimately, the best way to determine the best posting times for your audience is to track your own analytics. Instagram Insights can show you what days and times your posts get the most engagement. You can also experiment with different posting times and see what works best for you.

2 Likes