Why Aren't My Ads Converting? Help Needed!

Hey everyone,

I’m facing some trouble with my ads and could really use your advice. I’ve been running ads for a while now, but they don’t seem to be converting as well as I’d hoped. :confused: It’s pretty frustrating because I feel like I’m doing everything right. Here are a few details about my setup:

• I’m running service-based ads in the graphic designing niche.
  • My target audience is small businesses and marketing agencies.
  • I’m using Facebook Ads Manager to create and manage my campaigns.

Despite my efforts, the conversion rate is pretty low. I’ve tried tweaking the ad copy, changing the images, and adjusting the target audience, but nothing seems to be making a significant difference.

Here are some specific questions I have:

1. Ad Copy: How can I make my ad copy more engaging? Any tips on what works best for this niche?

2. Targeting: What are some effective strategies for targeting the right audience? Should I focus more on interests, behaviors, or demographics?

3. Budget: How do you determine the right budget for a campaign? Could my low budget be affecting my results?

4. A/B Testing: How often should I run A/B tests, and what elements should I focus on testing?

5. Landing Page: How important is the landing page, and what are some key elements to include for better conversions?

Any tips, suggestions, or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated! I know there’s a lot to learn, and I’m eager to improve my skills. Thanks in advance for your help! :raised_hands:

Cheers,
Raviko

5 Likes

Title: Re: Why Aren’t My Ads Converting? Help Needed!

Hey Raviko,

I totally get your frustration – we’ve all been there! Here are some tips that might help you improve your ad conversions:

1. Ad Copy:

• Keep it Clear and Concise: Make sure your message is easy to understand. Highlight the main benefits of your service.
    • Strong CTA: Include a compelling call-to-action. Instead of just “Learn More,” try something like “Transform Your Brand Today.”
    • Use Emotional Triggers: Appeal to the emotions of your audience. For example, “Frustrated with your current design? Let us help!”
  2. Targeting:

• Lookalike Audiences: If you have a customer list, create a lookalike audience. This targets people similar to your existing customers.
    • Interest and Behavior Targeting: Combine interests with behaviors for a more refined audience. For example, target people interested in “Graphic Design” and “Small Business Owners.”
    • Exclude Irrelevant Audiences: Sometimes it’s about who you don’t target. Exclude audiences that are unlikely to convert.
  3. Budget:

• Start Small, Scale Up: Begin with a smaller budget to test your ads. Once you see what works, gradually increase your spending.
    • Daily vs. Lifetime Budget: Experiment with both. A lifetime budget can help optimize ad delivery over the entire campaign duration.
  4. A/B Testing:

• Frequency: Run A/B tests continuously. Always be testing something – ad copy, images, audiences, etc.
    • Focus on Key Elements: Test one element at a time. For example, run two ads with the same copy but different images.
  5. Landing Page:

• Consistency: Ensure your landing page matches the ad in terms of message and design. This creates a seamless experience.
    • Clear Value Proposition: Clearly state what the visitor will get and why it’s valuable.
    • Simple and Clean Design: Avoid clutter. Make it easy for visitors to find what they’re looking for.
    • Fast Load Time: Ensure your landing page loads quickly. Slow pages can lead to high bounce rates.

Additionally, consider using Facebook Pixel to track and optimize your campaigns better. It can give you insights into how people interact with your site after clicking your ad.

By the way, I also work in the graphic design niche, so I can guide you on specific strategies that work well in our field. If you need further help or want to take your ads to the next level, feel free to hire me for my Facebook ads design service on Legiit. Here’s the link to my service: https://legiit.com/Qamar/facebook-ads-design-1715040510

Hope these tips help! Don’t get discouraged – tweaking and testing are part of the process. Keep experimenting, and you’ll find what works best for you. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

Cheers,
Qamar

3 Likes

To improve your ads, try:

• Writing engaging ad copy that highlights benefits and USPs

• Targeting specific audiences using interests, behaviors, and demographics

• Setting a suitable budget and scaling up gradually

• Regular A/B testing to optimize ad elements

• Creating a relevant and user-friendly landing page

Additionally, use eye-catching visuals, automated features, and respond to ad comments and messages. Continuously educate yourself on the latest Facebook Ads best practices to optimize your ad performance.

2 Likes

Try mentioning testimonials in your ad copy and landing page copy for better conversion.

4 Likes

It sounds like you may need some more information on what people are going through in the buy-process. In other words and more specifically, how many people are going to the landing page from the ad? I think most people will because an ad doesn’t typically provide enough information to make buying decisions.

I would get a tool such as Statcounter that allows you to not only log visits but also to see the actual visits in a video. You’ll see how many are coming from FB ads (as just one example of what the tool can do) and what they do when they get to the site, as well as what they looked at last before leaving the site.

My thoughts are you’re going to need someone to help you with Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO for short) because tbh most people don’t know how to build their own landing page that actually converts, and this is where most of the problems lie in low conversion rates.

For example, a landing page must typically qualify and then ‘sell’ visitors - talk to them in the style they speak (and get them to trust you and your solutions), get them to recognize the problem they’re having, propose the solution (in this case your service), show them what life is like after implementing the solution, and finally provide social proof that it works. For your graphic design case, they obviously know what they need.

So in your use case, you will need to provide samples of previous work that pertains to their needs. If they need a logo, prove that you can make great looking logos. If they need a flyer created, prove that you’re up to the task with samples of previous work. The landing page must also provide actionable CTAs that lead qualified visitors to make the purchase or at least contact you.

FYI - the ad’s CTR (click-through rate) tells you how well your ad appeals to the audience being served and getting them to click. After clicking, (I assume) people will go to your landing page. The landing page then has to ‘sell’ the visitor into contacting you (at a minimum) or preferably making a purchase right then and there, if you have an ecom setup.

Obviously I might be wrong about your exact process because I don’t know what that looks like. But the consumer Buy Process (what your customers go through physically (is the buy process easy or is it intentionally or unintentionally more difficult than it should be?), mentally (logic of the buy process), and psychologically (how they’re feeling about your business, the products or services, the website, the trust factors, etc) ) is the single biggest piece of your puzzle that you’ll need to understand, tweak, and make better,

Hope this helps you!

3 Likes