Being shy and nervous to talk to buyers directly on Zoom, Google Meet and phone calls.How can I get rid of it?

Hello everyone. I am having a difficulty. When I speak with a consumer directly (by Zoom, Google Meet, or phone call), I am unable to communicate. I become nervous and shy. I understand them. But I can’t express them since I’m afraid and shy. What can I do?

4 Likes

Hi! I really dislike video calls too so I understand. Unfortunately, we don’t have a choice sometimes.
The thing that got me over my nervousness was just to do it. Chances are, if you are nervous, the other person is too. Try just practicing by recording yourself or with someone you know and are comfortable with.

Something Chris suggested was sending the client a short introduction video a day or two before the call

Hope that helps

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the nice advice :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Same concern. But no other way than facing it! :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That’s a true brother :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Start with a group of friends and do a regular call once a week or so.

Like all things sales related, or personal communication skills practice and making it a part of your normal process makes it easier.

Also, be confident in your knowledge and after basic introductions ask the other person what questions they have for you. You can still guide the conversation but this tends to move the conversation to your strengths.

Then have a next steps conversation preplanned. This should be the same process you explain to every potential customer. It will help you set proper expectations and move the final part of the meeting to a presumptive close. This alone will increase your sales.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes